Want to get the best sound possible from your Sonos speakers? You may have heard of Trueplay. But what is Trueplay by Sonos, and how can it improve your listening experience?
How does Trueplay work?
Simply put, it’s a Sonos-exclusive technology that automatically optimizes the sound of your speakers based on the environment they’re in. Using your mobile device’s microphone, this feature analyzes room size, reflective surfaces, and other acoustic factors to adjust audio playback in a precise and personalized way.
Imagine having a Trueplay speaker in your living room. With Trueplay enabled, the speaker measures the way sound bounces off walls, furniture, and other objects in order to automatically calibrate and adjust the audio settings. The result is an optimal, balanced listening experience, regardless of your room’s unique characteristics.
Advantages of using Sonos Trueplay
This technology gives you clear, detailed, and immersive sound that dramatically improves playback quality. And you don’t have to be an audio expert to take advantage of it. The brand has created an in-app guide that walks you through the steps and makes the necessary adjustments to optimize your Sonos speakers.
How to use Trueplay on your Sonos speakers
Follow these simple steps to use Trueplay to get the most out of your Sonos speakers and experience exceptional sound in any room:
- Make sure you have the Sonos app installed on your mobile device and that your speakers are set up correctly.
- Open the Sonos app and select the speaker you want to set up with Trueplay.
- Go to the speaker settings and look for the “Trueplay” option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the calibration process. This will involve slowly walking around the room with your mobile device, moving it into different positions so that the microphone picks up information from the ambient sound.
- Once you have completed the walk around the room, Trueplay will process and analyze the collected data to automatically adjust the audio settings of your speakers.
- That’s it! Now your Sonos sound systems are optimized and you can enjoy high-quality audio tailored to your space.
Limitations and considerations
It is important to note that Trueplay is only available on select Sonos speaker models. Additionally, some models only have the feature for iOS devices. Fortunately, the company’s latest models also offer support for Android smartphones.
On the other hand, the company has released a simpler version for the Roam and Move 2 in handheld devices, in which the speakers make automatic adjustments using the built-in microphone instead of the phone’s microphone.
In summary, Trueplay is a very useful feature that uses sound calibration technology to deliver a personalized and exceptional listening experience. By using this system, you can be sure that your Sonos speakers are reproducing sound in the best possible way in your specific environment.